MENU: Nurse Anesthesia Program of Hartford
- Program Overview
- Entry Level – Course Information | Requirements | Sequence | Descriptions | Tuition
- Advanced Specialization – Course Information | Requirements | Sequence | Descriptions | Tuition
- Academic & Clinical Sites
- Our Faculty
- Application Forms
- Reference Forms
Applications are due by September 1st each year for classes beginning the following May.
To qualify for an interview, the applicant must meet the following requirements by the application deadline:
1. Current unencumbered licensure as a registered professional nurse in one of the fifty states. Note: You must obtain a Connecticut RN license prior to the 3rd clinical semester.
2. One of the following degrees is required:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Baccalaureate Degree in another science that the Admissions Committee deems appropriate.
3. Minimum of one year of current critical care nursing experience, excluding the orientation period, working full-time with demonstrated proficiency in managing critically ill patients, mechanical ventilation, invasive hemodynamic monitoring, vasoactive IV infusions and aggressive fluid management.
Critical care is defined as regular hands-on care of patients with life threatening pathophysiology, invasive lines, e.g. pulmonary artery catheters and arterial lines, ventilators; continuous ECG monitoring and interpretation, vaso-active infusions in an intensive care unit. Preferred areas of critical care experience include: Surgical/Trauma ICU, Cardiothoracic ICU, Neurosurgical/Neuro Trauma ICU, Pediatric ICU or Medical ICU. The Emergency Department and the PACU are not considered critical care areas.
4. Current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Life Support (ACLS). Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and CCRN certification is required.
5. Five science prerequisite courses with grades of B or better in the past 8 years:
- Two semesters of chemistry:
- One semester inorganic/general
- One semester organic/biochemistry
- Two semesters of human anatomy and physiology
- One semester of microbiology
Please contact the Program Director with individual concerns.
6. A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required for admission to the Nurse Anesthesia Program of Hartford and CCSU Graduate School.
7. Three professional references, utilizing the form